Wednesday, August 02, 2006





LONG, LONG AGO ... IN A DIFFERENT WORLD
*
Late sixties. I was in junior high. Blistfully unaware of what was happening around the world and around the country. Didn't follow politics. That would change when I entered high school. Suddenly I was very aware and very sure that I knew the answers. But in junior high my major concerns were baseball, acne, and "how to ask a girl to dance when I couldn't dance a step." In my room, I started putting up posters. I remember three clearly. Raquel Welch from One Million Years B.C. Bardot on a motorcycle. There was a third that I was unable to find on Google. It was Peter Fonda as Wyatt in Easy Rider. I couldn't see the movie because it was rated R but Fonda sure looked cool on that Harley. I guess I hoped that some of it would rub off on me. Didn't happen.

No comments: