Saturday, August 05, 2006

HUH????
*
Normally, most kids' movies fly underneath my radar. Okay, I have DVD copies of Bambi and the two Toy Story adventures. Thumper, Woody, and Buzz are cool characters. End of tangent. Back on point. The other day I saw a preview of Barnyard: The Original Party Animals. It took a moment before I realized something was wrong. Two of the male main characters are voiced by Kevin James and Sam Elliott. (James was cool in Hitch and I've always liked Elliott's work.) Their characters are male cows. Once upon a time, male cows used to be called bulls. I guess I missed the PC name change memo. But whether they're called male cows or bulls, they still don't have udders. Check it out. The bulls have udders in this movie.
*
Which means ... think about it, are these characters transgen ... nevermind. Bad thought. Still. The thought is now stuck in my head. The sequel -- Barnyard II: The Crying Game.
*
Need to get out more.

No comments: