Tuesday, August 15, 2006


IT'S NOT THE KIDS
*
Read on interesting article on MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14136994/) about businesses that are considering going no-children-allowed. Yes, there are places that children should not be. Recently, I attended a funeral and during the entire service a toddler was fussing and crying and having a general tantrum. The parent did nothing. Little kids shouldn't be in R-rated movies. A small child can not and will not stay quiet and still for an hour or more at a sit-down restaurant. And it's stupidity to think they will. (Smart parents bring "quiet" toys to entertain the little ones.) Okay, some kids are just flat-out holy terrors but most aren't. When they act inappropriate their parents should deal with this situation. They should be parents. I personally love it when a kid misbehaves at my work and the parent points at me and says, "If you don't behave that manager will get you." I still remember when I was growing up, and my brother or I starting acting up in a public place, my father would say, "Do you want me to take you to the car?" Neither my brother or I had any idea what would happen at the car but we knew we wouldn't like it. Neither of us were ever taken to the car. We straightened up. BTW, my father never spanked my brother or me. His warning was enough.

No comments: