Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Busy Days
I love it when a story starts coming together. Yes, rewriting and editing and polishing will be needed and required but it is so cool when the first draft hums. Stephen King once called it falling through the hole in the paper and I agree. I am in the groove, the zone. That's why there haven't been any updates lately. I've been working on the first draft of the screenplay Distraction. It's thriller. The main character is Hannah Logan, a pickpocket and street thief. Not the usual type of hero I write about. Hannah is unique. I hear her voice when I write her dialogue. I know her cadence and turns of speech. I'm reaching the climax. Now I just have to figure out a believable and exciting way for her to beat the bad guy. Yeah, piece of cake.
Meanwhile, I received the revised cover art for To the Mountain of the Beast from Carnifex Press:
Love those eyes and that skull.
Then I received the cover art for the Pure Fantasy anthology that my story, "Blood Alley," will appear in the Netherlands. It will be published along with stories by Lou Anders, Doug Smith, and Bruce Holland Rogers. Some day I'll figure out how to put an attachment in the My Pictures file. Until then you'll just have to take my word for it that is cool looking.
Back to writing.

No comments: