Saturday, December 16, 2006

THE WORST MOVIES OF 2006
*
The Da Vinci Code
(cool idea that ended there ... didn't like the book either ... for a fun "puzzle" movie watch National Treasure -- PS -- I actually nodded off a couple times during the film)
The Break-Up
(just not funny ... for a good "break-up" movie watch The War of the Roses)
Snakes on a Plane
(could have been fun but wasn't ... watch Tremors to see how to do this type of film right)
Mission Impossible III
(don't know why I keep seeing Cruise films ... he hasn't made a good movie since Risky Business ... Top Gun, Jerry Maguire, and War of the Worlds are not good movies)
16 Blocks
(remake of Eastwood's The Gauntlet which wasn't any good either)
Annapolis
(remake of An Officer and a Gentleman with all the good stuff left out)
The Hills Have Eyes
(lame characters and holes in the plot I could drive my SUV through ... I did enjoy the part where the German Sherpherd turned Charlie Bronson and went after the mutants ... okay, the whole film is lame)

2 comments:

Rogue Blades Entertainment said...

Gotta agree with you on the Tom Cruise comments with one caveat:
while I can't stand him, I loved The Last Samurai and conceded Tom did well in his role. I was actually quite moved by this movie and the story it told.

Christopher55 said...

I'd forgotten about that one, Howard. I guess I must've blocked it out. One to ponder because LS is the only Cruise movie in my DVD library. Hmmm...