Wednesday, October 18, 2006

LIFE LESSONS
*

A friend sent me this list. I thought I’d share. I don’t know where Chuck got it. If I did, I’d credit the author. The photo above is from Annie. It’s the view from her back porch in Minnesota.

As I grow older, I look upon the lessons I have learned in life--
*
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
*
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.
*
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.
*
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
*
If you must choose between two evils, pick the one you've never triedbefore.
*
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
*
A person, who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person. (This is very important. Pay attention! It never fails.)
*
For every action, there is an equal and opposite government program.
*
Bills travel through the mail at twice the speed of checks.
*
A conscience is what hurts when all of your other parts feel so good.
*
Eat well, stay fit, die anyway.
*
Men are from earth. Women are from earth. Deal with it.
*
No man has ever been shot while doing the dishes.
*
A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand.
*
Middle age is when broadness of the mind and narrowness of the waist
change places.
*
Junk is something you've kept for years and throw away three weeksbefore you need it.

2 comments:

d said...

hahahaha some good ones!

The Big Red Dogs said...

I never throw ANYTHING away! Neat freaks don't get it..... I'll move old paper clips 900 miles 'cause yuo never know.