Thursday, June 22, 2006

Okay, I'm an Addict!!!

Until yesterday, I didn't know. Early Wednesday morning, "someone" was laying underground cable and "cut" the telephone land line to my house. Well, not just to my house but to the entire neighborhood. No phone. I had my cell and I called the phone company. I set up an appointment just in case there was a problem with my lines. The first open spot they had was on Friday. Okay, I took it. Nothing else to do.
*
Shortly, thereafter it began. One trip then another and another to the computer to go on-line. But I couldn't. No phone -- no web. Ahhh! I keep telling myself that they'd fix it soon. They would. I had to check my e-mail. I had check the daily updates on Speculations and Fangoria or IMDb and SFReader and ink blog and Apex and ... and ... and ...
*
I needed my web fix. I needed it. I felt totally cut off from the world. What was I going to do? WatwasIgonnado?
*
I did some household chores that I'd been putting off. Had lunch with friends. Read a book that you hold in your hands. Called two other friends and caught up on the doings in their lives. Did quite a bit actually.
*
I don't need the computer and the web to survive. I don't. Honest.
*
Thank goodness the phone's working again.

1 comment:

d said...

welcome back