Wednesday, April 02, 2008


















IN THE QUEUE
*
I went to the Netflix site to check out what I have in my line-up. I discover that 3 selections are listed as "Long Wait" and 3 others are listed as "Short Wait." I guess I'm the only one who wants to see my other picks.
*
Under Long Wait:

American Gangster with Denzel and Crowe.

In the Valley of Elah with Tommy Lee and Charlize Theron.

Watch on the Rhine. This one surprised me. It's an old 1943 flick with Bette Davis that has just been released on DVD. Pre-World War Two storyline. Three reasons I picked it other than I've never seen it before: 1) the plot sounded intriguing. 2) Davis is one of our best actresses ever. 3) Paul Lukas won the Best Actor Oscar for his role. (He beat Bogie in Casablanca so he'd better be spectacular).
*
Under Short Wait:
The Hunting Party with Gere.
Eureka: First Season. Never caught this one when it was on Sci-Fi Channel.
Hitman with Deadwood's Timothy Olyphant.
and
I Could Never Be Your Woman with Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd.
*
I know. It's a weird batch of movies to be thrown together.

No comments: