Monday, February 26, 2007


THE OSCARS

*

Yes, it was too long. Categories like Doc Short Subject, Live Action Short Film and Animated Short Film can be given out the night before like they do with some other awards. The silhouette guys were okay once but c'mon. Anyway, below is my score. (Oh, yeah, there were a lot of women in the group I was watching with and fashions were a major topic. So, above are the ones I liked.)

*

BEST PICTURE: WRONG (it was The Departed)
BEST ACTRESS: Helen Mirren, The Queen RIGHT
BEST ACTOR: Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland RIGHT
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls RIGHT
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine RIGHT
BEST DIRECTOR: Martin Scorsese, The Departed RIGHT
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: WRONG (it was some German film...I think)
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Little Miss Sunshine RIGHT
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: The Departed RIGHT
ANIMATED FEATURE: WRONG (it was Happy Feet)

Not too shabby. I won the prize last night for most correct picks.

*


Yea, Mr. Scorsese. About time. Will somebody trim his eyebrows for him?

1 comment:

d said...

seems you did pretty well.

I couldn't even stay awake to see the whole thing ...was it just me, or was that the most boring Academy Award show ever? jeez. I did manage to have eyes open for Martin Scorsese and to scream "It's about time" before falling back asleep.

Fashion-wise I like what you like on the left and the right but not the middle.