Sunday, February 25, 2007

MY OSCAR PIX
*
Like I said I haven't seen most of the nominated films but I'm going to guess anyway. Why, you ask. Cause I'm in two Oscar pools and I like winning.
My picks:
*
BEST PICTURE: Babel (big global drama with a message -- kind of movie the Academy likes. See Crash from last year)
BEST ACTRESS: Helen Mirren, The Queen (anyone else will be a major upset)
BEST ACTOR: Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland (he's won every other acting award)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Jennifer Hudson, Dreamgirls (again this is pretty much a sure thing)
BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Alan Arkin, Little Miss Sunshine (this will be for his whole body of work but Gumby from SNL could snatch it away)
BEST DIRECTOR: Martin Scorsese, The Departed (if he doesn't win then that will be tomorrow's headline about the Awards)
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM: Pan's Labyrith (this one should've been in the Best Pic category)
BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Little Miss Sunshine
BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: The Departed
ANIMATED FEATURE: Cars (my guilty pleasure)
*
Tomorrow we'll know how good I did.

No comments: