Sunday, May 21, 2006





Favorite Tunes

I gave myself a monumental task. If I made a personal CD with my favorite songs on it, what would be on it? I could probably make a CD with just Beatles, Beach Boys, and Eagles tunes. So I decided that I would limit it to only song per artist. Also, there has to be words in the song. So, no Miles Davis or movie themes. Okay, I quickly cheated and decided I could pick one Beatles song and one from Lennon’s solo career. Anyway, in alphabetical order by title, here’s my personal CD list of 15 songs I could listen to over and over:


American Pie by Don McLean
Black Velvet by Alannah Myles
Forever and For Always by Shania Twain
Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys
Hotel California by the Eagles
Imagine by John Lennon
Midnight Confessions by the Grass Roots
My Next Thirty Years by Tim McGraw
San Francisco (Be Sure to Wear Some Flowers in Your Hair) by Scott McKenzie
Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Tonight’s the Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart
Unforgettable by Natalie and Nat King Cole
We’ve Got Tonight by Bob Seger
We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions by Queen
Yesterday by the Beatles

Oh, boy, shouldn’t have done this. Who have I forgotten?

2 comments:

d said...

This post of yours has been an instrument of torture since I raced through here a couple days ago (didn't have time to post a response then);-)

It inspired me to think about my own favorite music and I've been attempting to create a mental CD --but I keep crossing stuff off and changing things around and having to google the names of tunes I've forgotten (the title not the song)

We agree on Lennon's "Imagine" that would be on my CD too and probably "Give Peace a Chance" as well --not because it's such a great song but because it means something specific to me that I like being reminded about. But as for the rest...arrrrrrrrrrrg!

hahahahhaha

best,
dink

Christopher55 said...

Well, if I did the list today some songs would be changed. And when I look back down, I can't believe what I forgot. But you're right, some of the songs are not "great" tunes but they mean something to me.

Should have never started this one.

:)