Tuesday, May 30, 2006

DAY OFF (at last)
Finally, after what seemed like forever, I had a day off and I feel great. I was able to get a full night's sleep. No phone calls from work. No pending household chores (okay, there were 101 things on that list but I took the day off from them, too). I called some friends and caught up on things. I kicked it for a little while and laid out in the sun (I have netting over the patio so the rays weren't too harmful). Just that alone felt good. Being naked in the warm sunlight does help melt the tensions away. I even started reading a book -- Robert Kurson's Shadow Divers. I talked to my screenwriting partner and found a plot that sounds good. Yeah. I need to write, I have to write. Had a good dinner. Watched a couple episodes of Deadwood Season 2 that I got on DVD. Nothing special. But I feel rested and relaxed.
Now back to work.

No comments: