Sunday, December 16, 2007

Some Things I've Learned
*
Some things I’ve learned in life so far:
*
As a writer, I’ve learned if you steal from one writer it’s plagiarism but if you steal from a buncha writers at the same time it’s homage.
*
I've learned age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
*
I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just self-centered jerks.
*
I've learned that one good turn gets most of the blankets.
*
I've learned that whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.
*
I've learned that depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
*
I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.
*
I've learned that it is not what you wear; it is how you take it off.
*
I've learned that you can keep vomiting long after you think you're finished.
*
I've learned that the people you care most about in life are gone much too soon and the real pains in the ass are permanent.
{If you're wondering, I stole this list. Except the first one.}

(The picture above of Jennifer Connelly has absolutely nothing to do with this post except I watched one of my favorite movies the other night and she is one of the stars. If you haven’t seen The Rocketeer, check out it. It does what “fun” movies are supposed to do but rarely do. Plus Ms. C is in it.)

No comments: