Friday, April 21, 2006

REAL QUICK MOVIE REVIEW
Wolf Creek
Lame.
(Didn't think I'd find a movie that would make The Ring, The Grudge, and The Village look like works of horror art. Good acting, good locale, professionally made but the storyline and especially the ending are ... see single word above. Come to think of it, I felt the same way about The Village.)
Seven Best Modern Horror Films
In an article in the L.A. Times, Christophe Ganz, director of Silent Hill, listed the movies he felt were the best. Okay, I know all "best" lists are subjective but what time frame in considered modern? The last ten years? Twenty-five? No definitive answer I know but forty years? Whatever. Here's the list:
The Haunting (1963)
Deep Red (1976)
The Innocents (1961)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Prince of Darkness (1987)
Ringu (1998)
I think my list would be different. In fact, despite the influences of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Dawn of the Dead, I don't think a single fim on this list would be on mine.

No comments: