Saturday, April 22, 2006

MY SEVEN BEST MODERN HORROR FILMS
For my list I limited the choices to the last twenty-five years. Figured that would be "modern." *Subject to change on mere whim.
The Thing (1982)
Poltergeist (1982)
Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
Aliens (1986)
Tremors (1989)
The Silence of the Lambs (1991)
Dog Soldiers (2002)
BIG LOVE
HBO has created some terrific series. Deadwood (my personal favorite), The Sopranos (I'm hooked again), Sex & the City, and Entourage to name a few.
Their new series with Bill Paxton as an old-faith Mormon with three wives and families didn't sound like something I'd enjoy. I was wrong. I'm hooked. It's another well crafted series. I loved the arc where Paxton and first wife, Jeanne Tripplehorn, are sneaking around to meet each other so the other two wives won't be jealous; and character actor Harry Dean Stanton, as the splinter group's leader known as The Prophet, is a creepy villain. Good show.

No comments: